Arrival day is Friday July 24. No regular lessons on Friday, but a small welcome party and hopefully some informal jamming and playing.
Classes run from Saturday until Wednesday with all three teachers teaching both morning class and afternoon class.
We will schedule some times in between classes and in the afternoon for teacher-led workshops that you can sign up for during the week.
Seminar participants will give a concert in the village church and teachers will give concerts as well.
Departure is set for Thursday July 30.
Most students will be lodged in double rooms at an Inn called Harom Huszar but there are also other alternative Inns in the village , like the Kali Art Inn and the Falusi Vendeg Ház
Breakfast and lunch will be served at the Harom Huszár.
If you fly to Budapest, the easiest way to get to Köveskal is by train from Budapest South – Déli Palya Udvár – 2 to 3 hours.
If you travel by car, I will provide you with directions once you have informed me of your travel plans.
The price includes lodging, breakfast, lunch and of course all teaching, notes and tabs.
• Expanding the traditions – Blues to jazz and beyond.
• Using acoustic blues as a starting point, this class will illustrate how traditional fingerpicking techniques can be used as a foundation for many other styles of guitar playing including ragtime, swing and jazz.
• Syncopated fingerpicking techniques.
• Practical approaches to playing “off the chords” within a song.
• Using original material as a basis for development of harmony and rhythm.
• Ways to to apply these ideas to your own music.
• Re-harmonizing and personalizing traditional material.
• Applying non-guitar techniques to guitar arrangements.
• Finding unique licks – “noodling” and “voice leading”.
• New ways to look at guitar tunings extending the chordal possibilities. Discussion of guitar specs and setups
• Classical Ragtime and Early Jazz tunes for fingerstyle guitar.
• Independent thumb – free melody.
• Working, within the alternating bass style, in the first position and up the neck.
• Bass lines and syncopations that fit the ragtime style of guitar playing.
• Duet playing in set arrangements and with the back-up/solo approach.
• Basic licks and turn arounds in the alternating bass style.
If the above looks interesting write me at email@example.com and I will, of course, answer whatever additional questions you might have about this seminar.
Come and join us for an exciting week in Köveskál!
The seminar was in my opinion very good. Lodging was very fine, teaching was excellent, and the atmosphere very relaxed yet with people working hard.
Thanks a lot for everything
Frank De Franceschi
I would like to send a BIG thank you to both of you for some wonderful days in Hungary this year. The workshop was really fantastic with a very good mixture of lessons and informal sessions. Also the mixture of participants was very good and I really hope to see you both and the other participants in the future.
I had lost some of the joy of playing the guitar prior to the seminar but I can really say that this seminar has brought back the joy of playing again!
Take care both of you, and hope to see you again soon
The lessons were fantastic Both Lasse’s and Woody’s lessons were very inspiring and gave me a lot to work on that will last a long time. It was very nice with the concert.
Lodging was perfect and the evening excursions were very nice.
Köveskal is in itself an extraordinary beautiful village.
Everyone contributed to make the workshop a most enjoyable week. A highlight of the year.
I think it is ideal to have two teachers approaching the music from different points of view, with you concentrating more on ragtime arrangements and Woody on blues and different techniques. Your teaching was fantastic; you were aware of everyone’s differing abilities, and tailored your lessons accordingly.
The overall atmosphere was terrific, and couldn’t be bettered. You were great hosts, the setting is very beautiful, and our fellow guitarists were a really nice bunch of people.. All the best.
The seminar was a huge success for all participants. The combination of Lasse and Woody was incredible. Agi was the earthly loving friend and mother for the whole group. We are sure to try and meet again in Köveskal… I hope you both had a good time as we all had.
Thanks for a great fingerstyle seminar at your place in Hungary. Good material and tuition, plenty of jamming and wonderful hospitality! Recommended!
I want to express my thanks for a good workshop in Hungary and also thank you and Ágnes for your great hospitality.
It was 20 inspiring hours of lessons and a great experience to be with a musical genius like yourself.
If you are interested in getting more
details or thinking about participating
in this seminar send an e-mail and you
will get the information you need.